Wednesday, August 27, 2003

There is so much to say, where do I begin?

I want to capture everything about Lance's Ironman day. But I cannot do that because it was not my race. I only saw it from the outside and so to try to put into words what the day was like for will certainly not do it justice - and the last thing I want to do is make Lance's race about me. I can only continue to marvel at the depth to which Lance was able to dig to in order to pull out a finish.

I will say that it was nice to go away for the weekend. Far away. And to be able to watch and support the several thousand men and women trying to complete Ironman was a privilege all its own. Ironman is raw...sure there are other endeavors that are raw, too. But Ironman is the one I can relate to these days. And going there this weekend truly inspired me to tackle the challenge again. To test myself...to access those parts of me that I see most clearly in the thick of the challenge. To learn about who I am, to stretch my limits, to forgive myself, to learn patience.

============

I think my GMAT prep teacher is kind of cute. I don't know what it is about a funny, smart guy that gets me everytime! I am a sucker for a brain and a sense of humor...too bad I am GMAT challenged...no way to transform that teacher/student relationship into something else...

No comments: