Tuesday, December 16, 2003

So, they caught Saddam Hussein. I woke up to the news on Sunday morning. When Trell said to me, "They got him!" I said, "Who? Osama?" But no...it was Saddam. Useless, pathetic, old Saddam (and after his capture several more bombs went off and more people died). I mean, we should be getting Osama...where is that guy? That's what I want to know.

But of course, it's good news that they got Saddam. I mean, that guy SUCKS. So, it's time he faced the music. But, I have to admit, there was a little part of me that thought, "Oh shit...this isn't good for the Democrats!" Unpatriotic? Maybe...but I couldn't help it. Then I made myself feel better by reminding myself that GWB will probably manage to fuck this one up anyway...so it's probably too soon to bemoan his good luck. The cynical part of me thinks that they know where Osama is and they are tracking him...and will "smoke him out" right around September 5 or 6 next year. Just in time to get the "bounce" for the election.

This Saddam business makes it more and more obvious to me that Dean cannot be our nominee. It's either Clark or Kerry, I think.


One of these days I won't be so tired. I am still behind on sleep from that weekend of Date #2, which was followed by a bad bad cold, which was followed by burning the candle at both ends trying to finish applications, stay engaged at work and run or do yoga once in a while. Plus...my mind has been expanding a bit these past few weeks as my emotional growth spurt continues...that's exhausting, too.

I had a nice evening with Broadway last night. It was nice to be around him, just hanging out, talking and sharing (especially him...he shared some very personal stories). The best part about it was seeing our walls come down as the conversation went on. At least, seeing my own come down (see what I mean about the growth spurt?). We exchanged some honest thoughts with each other, and he was so gentle, warm and generous with his. It has been a while since he has evoked a tender feeling in me...Of course, I cannot seem to shake him and I don't know what it will take for me to "get over it" with him. But last night I got to see again why I liked him in the first place...Why he has this hold on me, you know? It was nice.

No comments: