Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Packing packing packing. What a pain in the ass. I am nearing the wire at this point...no, I am at the wire. I move on Thursday morning (courtesy of the Quest brothers) and, it being Tuesday, I would say I am right on the edge here. Things have been great since getting back from New York. It is gorgeous here in San Francisco but for some reason, that trip home to NYC has really made me open my eyes and my heart to the possibility that I may live somewhere else when these two years at school are up. The last week since I have come home have been interesting and, on some level, instructive. It's amazing how certain moments in your life offer an opportunity to see who is who...you know what I mean?

I am worried about my mom. Unemployment has got to be scary for a woman in her 50s. There is a part of me that thinks this is something I need to take care of. I can just picture the TV Movie of the Week, based on a true story of course, about the young woman who was facing a summer of travel and two years in graduate school (for which she had saved a lot of money) and she throws it all to the side to take care of her financially ailing family! I feel like I "should" give my mother the money I have saved for my education and take out more loans...or even just go back to work...put school on hold. But she hasn't asked me to do that. And unless and until she does, I am not going to offer. Does that make me selfish? I don't know...maybe it does. But I can't help it. I have worked so hard to get to where I am. It was tough to save all that money. And I want to do this next step. I am scared, sure, but I want it...I am ready for the challenge. And, if all goes well, I will have enough financial security after it's all over to help make sure my family always ends up on its feet. Anyway, it made for a stressful and distracting weekend.

So tomorrow is my last day of moving activities before the actual move takes place on Thursday. Then it's down to LA and then off to Europe...Should be fun. I am really excited to be going with Meredith. Plus it will be fun to see and stay with Keith. He is a good guy and he's tons of fun. So that will be nice.

It's weird to be moving AGAIN after just moving 2 years ago...and even more weird is knowing that I will again be moving in 2 years. It definitely inspires me to get rid of more of my shit than I might otherwise dispose of, you know?

Okay, well, I am feeling a little too tipsy to write much more. Ben took me out to dinner tonite and we shared a bottle of wine and, well, that's what wine does.

So I sign off again.

No comments: