Saturday, March 22, 2003

Laura and Matthew took me to sushi tonight. It was my first legitimate foray into the sushi genre. I knew Matthew and Laura would be good sushi teachers and that they would be sensitive to my aversion to all sorts of foods and food, um, concepts. So here is what I had tonight:

We started off with, of course, edamame and the three of us shared Asahi beer.
Then we got a veggie roll (it was a safe back up) and we also got shitake mushroom nigiri. Yum.
We had spicy scallop nigiri. Wow...I had no idea raw fish could be this tasty! If that was all we had, the evening would have been a success (Dayenu!).
We also had hamachi and maguro, which I really liked, much to my surprise.
We had a Dragon Roll, which was crab, unagi and avocado and a bunch of the little orange fish eggs (not a big fan). That was good but not my favorite.
Finally, we had hamachi tempura roll, also good but texturally it reminded me of chicken fingers, which I didn't really enjoy.

Overall, a great meal! The company was fabulous and so the fact that I was able to expand my horizons made it even better!

Then we went back to their place and played Scrabble...so fun. I actually won - a total come from behind victory!

I love my married friends!

No comments: