Friday, May 16, 2003

I cannot believe I haven't written here in five days! I guess I have been somewhat uninspired...Training and being social and working...it all takes so much time! I was sure I would be able to come up with something tonight. I wanted to write about the awesome Texas Democrats who have finally taken a page from the Karl Rove handbook and won! I wanted to write about the Wag the Dog presidency of George W. Bush. I wanted to muse about meeting Douglas Rushkoff (and turning into a mute in his presence!). I wanted to write about training for Escape from Alcatraz. About how much I love L_____ and M_____ and how much I will miss K______ if he ends up moving. About the fact that today marks exactly ten years - TEN YEARS! - since I graduated from Boston University and I am feeling like I wish I had more to show for it. A fancy title and a career, that's what I have. I am not sure what else I think I should have. But somehow I feel as though I should have had more of a positive impact on the world by now. Perhaps I have had a positive impact and that seeing it just a matter of perspective. Perspective I don't have, mind you. By the way, today is also the day we used to "celebrate" as my mom and A___'s anniversary. I suppose now we can celebrate it as the day that is no longer their anniversary!

I am excited for the big Hollywood premiere of "Hollywood Homicide." I guess that kind of thing is pretty exciting (though I am not that interested in movie stars that way) and who knows how many times I will get to go to a big blockbuster premiere with Harrison Ford! This is probably my once shot!

So, I plan to do all this writing. I really do. But today I feel like shit. Woke up with a sore sore throat and now my nose is itchy and runny and I am downning Theraflu in the hopes that I will feel well enough in the morning to go on a bike ride!

No comments: