Sunday, May 11, 2003

Sun, fun, friends and dancing...that sounds like a perfect weekend. And it was...well, maybe not perfect (what is?) but pretty darn close.

I am reminded this weekend of what it means to live in a place where you are surrounded by people you love and people who love you. Reminded what it means to have real friends that you can laugh with, cry with, dance with...be honest with, be scared with, be funny with...hike with, eat fish with, read the newspaper with...I suppose when you live in a city for eight years (EIGHT YEARS!), far from your familiy, you create a new definition of family...an expanded definition. And you end up with people like the ones I know, having weekend like the one I had. It helps to live in San Francisco, where the weather is amazing, the scenery flawless and the people likeminded (mostly!).

Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all the other fabulous mothers in my life!

No comments: