Saturday, July 12, 2003

Maybe business school is not the right move for me...I mean, I really want to go. And I love the idea of double majoring. But I do not know how I am going to re-learn all that math from high school. I literally have not taken a math class since I was 15 years old...that's 15 years. The last math I took was trigonometry in 11th grade (with Mr. Michaels). I did not take calculus because...well, because I didn't have to and really had no desire. I scored high enough on the SATs that I was not required to take math in college...So I didn't (again, if I didn't have to and didn't want to...why bother?)...

Here I am 15 years since my last math class (which I aced, by the way, and aced the Regents exam, too)...and I cannot seem to get simple quadratic equations to work for me. I took the GRE in 1994 without studying. I did call my sister the night before and ask her how to find the area of a triangle. And then I took the test and I was fine. I actually did really well...I even did better on the math than the verbal! Then I took the LSAT in 1996...to say I aced it is an understatement. I scored in the 98th percentile...Not bad. No math. No law school either (decided not to apply - yes, I see how some might construe this as a trend of sorts...I am hoping it is not). So here I am in 2003 - seven years since my last standardized test, 9 years since my last test involving math and 15 years since my last math class...and I am going to try to take the GMAT? Maybe journalism school is a better idea. I will happily study for and take the GRE again. I think.

No comments: