Monday, September 01, 2003

I certainly didn't expect to think about him this much. It used to be that I would see him and then I would think about him a lot...for a few days. Then it was back to normal...And I didn't really think of him much until I saw him again. And perhaps that's what is going on right now. I did just see him on Wednesday night. And so it's been a few days and I am still thinking about him...Maybe it will wear off like it usually does. But I don't know. I am afraid that it won't. Because we, you know, we kissed. And as much as I thought (and even said) that kissing wouldn't be a big deal...doesn't have to mean anything...I am not sure that's actually true. Sure, when I was 24 it was true. It might have even been true when A___ and I first broke up and I was "sowing my wild oats" so to speak. But I don't know if it's true anymore. Oy.

==========

I cannot believe (p)Resident Bush is spending today, Labor Day, with union workers. As though he has done anything to help working men and women. Who is he kidding? The only working people he has taken care of are the ones in the executive offices...And the lobbyists who work hard for his special interests...I have faith that Americans are smarter than this...He didn't win the first time but the courts appointed him. Hopefully the American people will see that it's crucial that he lose by a wider margin. So there can be no interpretation of our outright rejection of his policies and his politics.

It's not that I hate George Bush...that would certainly require more energy than I can devote to him right now. I would rather spend my juju loving and admiring a candidate who speaks for me and to me than hating him. But he does make me angry. Not so much because I disagree with him on most issues...and I do. But really it's because he is a liar. He lies stright to my face about things that are important. Some will say that Clinton was a liar, too. And I guess he was. He lied about having an affair with a 24 year old. I can't blame him for lying but it was bad and I felt betrayed by it for sure. And certainly I do not expect politicians to tell the truth all the time. They are, after all, people and nobody is 100% honest all the time, so politicians are no exception. But Bush...he lies and then lies about lying. And it's not about blowjobs and cigars. It's about war. And weapons of mass destruction. It's about educational opportunities and voting rights. It's about things that matter to the rest of us.

No comments: