Friday, October 31, 2003

It's almost election day. I am still not sure who I will vote for in the Mayor's race. Probably Angela Alioto. I mean, I think I will end up voting for Gavin Newsom (or Gabbin' Nuisance, as Buzzie likes to call him) in the run-off, but I would like it to be a race between him and Angela, because I think she will force some important issues to be discussed. As it stands now, there is so much noise with all the candidates, and all that's really being talked about is who is more liberal than the next guy and how fucked we are going to be without real leadership, a la Willie Brown. So I think an Angela/Gavin runoff would be good to get the candidates talking about real issues...because she is a straight talker and she will call him on his yuppy bullshit...and I know he is a good liberal pragmatist at heart, so I know he will be able to answer her. But if the uber-liberals keep at it, they make themselves, and not the issues, the story and Gavin will never have to answer any truly difficult questions. Anyway, I will vote for her to make sure she gets into the runoff. It's pretty cool that I get to do that, you know. Of course there is a risk...Neither of them might make it to the run-off. Then what?

=========================================================

I have really been having the writing itch lately. But not this Blog writing...I am sort of over it, to tell the truth. I have been feeling very introspective about my place in the world, the place my life sits right now and the next steps for me. Spending the weekend in DC, the city where I started my career and developed a lot of my dreams, as well as suffering through a dig-deep marathon day, helped stir some of these feelings up, too. But until I finish these applications, I cannot indulge my writing fancies too much. I want to get these essays completed and behind me and then I can move on to the next phase.

No comments: