Tuesday, November 25, 2003

I should be working on my essays right now. But I keep putting them off. I am not sure why. Maybe because I know I have to work on them all weekend. Maybe because I am scared to actually finish them and apply to school? Well, I am committed to at least getting that far in this process. And every time someone does read the essays I have completed they give me very good feedback. So that helps.

It's not that I have an irresistible urge to say something in particular here. As usual there are all sorts of things running through my head that I could write about. Most of those I will save for the journal in my bedroom that I write in at night before I go to sleep. I don't feel like writing about the wacky political situation in this country or events in the world. It gets so exhausting to care so much about that stuff. Sometimes I need to just step away.

So, I guess this will be one of those blog entries that's a non-entry. Because I am not going to keep writing about the boy and the date and the fact that I don't eat meat and what that does or does not mean and how that will or will not impact the potential here. I am pretty clear that if he really doesn't want to date me because I am not as carnivorous as he is, well...that's just not about me so much as it is about him. And the truth is that no matter what happens with this one, I can feel myself moving in the right direction, heading towards what I want and what I know I will one day have.

No comments: