Tuesday, February 17, 2004

For some reason I am feeling more and more anxious about school...I wish I would hear from someone already! Even if it's just a rejection...something to feel as though things are moving along. I mean, my Columbia interview was two weeks ago...how long does it take them to notify after an interview? BB said he interviewed someone and shortly thereafter they were notified by the school...I know each candidate is different but I just wish I would hear something. I think part of the reason I am feeling antsy is that I am starting to formulate a plan for my summer and it's starting to sound really great - traveling throughout Europe, meeting up with friends, following part of the Tour de France, heading back to the US and working or volunteering at the Democratic National Convention...that takes me to the end of July...then I can head back to San Francisco, welcome Beep's new baby into the world, and get my things together and move across the country, or get my things together and move to Palo Alto, or get my things together and move into a cheaper apartment around here. Then I turn 32 (!) and then Buzzie has her baby...then it's back east to Peter's wedding...and school starts. See, it all fits so nicely together...and as soon as I get word - one way or another - I can plan my summer...I can't plan much beyond that, though, because as they say, "life is what happens when you are making other plans."

Interesting night in Wisconsin tonite...John Kerry won - and a win is a win is a win, whether by five percentage points or by fifteen. but John Edwards had a good showing for sure...though apparently (according to CNN) a lot of Wisconsin Republicans voted for him. I think you can read that one of two ways: Either he appeals to Republicans and would be a good choice against GWB; or Republicans set out to spoil John Kerry's lead because GWB and his party know that Kerry is the most formidable opponent he will face and as of today, Kerry would win.

No comments: