Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Ah...the blog juju is loooooow these days. Had a really interesting therapy session today...I think it was a good one...maybe a breakthrough? I need to sit with it some more before I declare any major progression but I have felt pretty great ever since and had a kick ass bike ride tonight and a decent run.

I love the West Wing. It really is one of the most well-written shows on television. I am not sure the acting is necessarily the craftiest...after all, they are fairly predictable characters and we like it that way. Different from Six Feet Under, which is all-around brilliantly crafted...written, directed and acted. But West Wing I enjoy so thoroughly as it is happening...The writing is so good and also so subtle...Jokes happen that I guarantee most people watching don't "get" - shit, I bet plenty of the jokes go over my head! I do think lately, though, that the show has veered a bit much away from the issues and towards the more personal story lines. I am sure some kind of market research told them to head in that direction. But I miss the more intense issue-focused parts of the show. But I do love it. I continue to love the idea that on Wednesday night from 9 - 10 pm we have the kind of President I wish we had the other six days of the week.

I am close to figuring out how to do links. The guy from the Demwatch blog is trying to dumb it down so I can understand technically how to do it. As soon as I put a few minutes together to focus on it, I will. I am very excited about it. In the meantime, I need to get my blog mojo back!

No comments: