Saturday, January 31, 2004

Today in yoga I was laying in savasana, the last one before we do final breathing, and I noticed that the sky was a beautiful blue, tinged with some yellow...The sun seemed to be setting...and I suddenly realized that the sun hadn't set yet. It was 5:30pm and it was still light out! I get so excited about the time moving in the right direction. Longer days, more sunlight. If only I was allowed to work out!! Well, at least I am allowed to do yoga. That's a start. And maybe Monday, when I go back to the doctor, she will tell me that I can swim and run. I think biking will be the last thing to come back...which is good, I guess, because by the time I am allowed to bike again, I will be so motivated to do it...which helps. Still, I don't think I will do Ironman this summer. And actually, since I decided that, I feel somewhat relieved.

I got an invitation to interview at Columbia! I meet Monday morning, 7am, with a Columbia alum. We are going to breakfast. I hope it goes well. I don't really feel nervous...more excited than anything. I guess it's been a long time since I have had an interview of any kind...Well, I am sure he will ask the basics like, Why Columbia? Why now? Why you? I should be able to answer each of those pretty well. The "Why Me" question might be tough because it forces me to forego humility for a few minutes...something I am none too good at doing! Well, I am sure I will figure it out.

BB continues to confound me. I do think I like him. I guess I will just leave it at that and see what happens. I don't know...I have never gotten to know someone this way before. So slowly and with such trepidation. Well, maybe it's good for me. Either way, I am learning a lot about myself through the process. I am learning to focus on what I want. I am learning that I get to choose, too. I don't know if he's the right one for me...And I am not sure how I am going to figure it out...But I guess that's what dating is, right? The thing is, I know that I am unlike other women he has known. I think I am unlike most women, generally...I don't play by "the rules" - or any rules for that matter. I say what I am feeling (though I am getting better at filtering and moderating that) and I ask others to do the same. I show up, I engage, and I don't play games. I can see that this can be scary for some people...I know that my sister is a lot like this (only more intensified) and I know that some people can't really handle it. So maybe BB can't handle it? I don't know. A___ loved it about me...but he wanted it for himself. He sucked it out of me hoping that by doing so, he would make it his own...So, it will be interesting, in this phase of my life, to see how my quirkiness flies on the dating scene!

I feel better and better about George Bush losing in November. Gosh, what will I do if he doesn't? I don't know...I can't even think about that possibility. Clark/Kerry/Edwards...those are our guys...Clark/Kerry would be a good ticket. Kerry/Edwards would be good...and I bet Edwards/Kerry would be good, too. I don't see Clark at the bottom of the ticket...and Clark/Edwards...I don't know...it doesn't really work for me. Plus, much as I like him, Clark, I think, isn't going to get there...he proved a little too green for this kind of election...Maybe he will be Secretary of State or something...that would be a good role for him...Or Secretary of Defense so he can turn that shit around..fix up what Donald Rumsfeld has totally annihilated. The possibilities excite me. I hope that once the nominee is determined (it's looking like that will happen in early March), he chooses his running mate and they begin campaigning right then...I always wished Al Gore did that in 2000...and I hope the Dems do it this year. I really think it's a winning strategy. Why wait until July or August to name our team? Especially if it's Kerry/Edwards...I think with two of them out on the stump around the country, they can raise that much more money and get people really excited. Why not? Bush/Cheney is already running as a ticket, why can't we? If only I was a muckety political consultant...this is what I would be suggesting as I made the rounds on the Sunday talk shows!

No comments: