Thursday, March 27, 2003

Ever since this war started my mind has been wandering. I don't know how I got to be so damn sensitive! There are definitely times when it occurs to me that things might be "easier" in my life if I wasn't quite so aware of the world around me! I said that to someone once and she was like, "Oh, so you would rather be unconscious?" So, I guess not. But I think that what happens is I get caught up in events and I forget to be in the here and now. I think if I could be better about living in the moment, I would be a lot more content. Gosh, I really need to go back to the meditation thing or even one of those weekends at Spirit Rock...

Last night's workout was the best I have felt in a long time at the track. This is a good thing, I think, since my race is next weekend. In fact, all week I felt pretty good with training. So maybe I am ready for next weekend. I don't know...it still feels like I haven't been training enough, but after Ironman, I don't know if any triathlon training will ever feel like enough. It was pretty exciting when Coach Geoff moved me up a lane at the pool! I guess I have been noticing that I have gotten faster. But I didn't really notice until the other night when I lapped everyone in my lane at least once on a 600! I felt bad because I know how annoying it can be when someone swims in the wrong lane - it definitely cuts the rhythm of the lane's workout...it's just not cool and not good pool etiquette, I think. So, next week, lane six. I must admit, I am a bit nervous to swim in lane six. But it will be good for me. I think being in a lane where most people are faster than me will push me and help make me faster and faster!

No comments: